Dec 4, 2013

Inspired by Repetition

Taking cue from yesterday's post on Yayoi Kusama, it occurred to me that although I enjoy design with multiple patterns, colors and layers I find it oddly peaceful when I encounter an image of repeated patterns.

Is it the peace I find coming from Mother Nature's influence, or are we just prone to find the similarity in items as our eyes wander and register everything before us?

So interesting to read the comments on my post from yesterday, as some find Kusama's work "dizzying" while others, like myself, truly feel the silence in the madness.

I thought I would share a few images that have made it to my Repetition board on Pinterest.
What do you think?

via


via

via

via
via
via
via
via

via

On which side of the coin do you fall? Did I steady your nerves.. or just add to them!?

*please make sure to head back to my pinterest boards, for the original sources of these images. thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

@Dec-a-Porter we love to hear from you ...Please share your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...