May 5, 2012

Are you Ready for a New Look?

I wanted to share some amazing news with you...

While I was in High Point (so many recaps on their way) I had the privilege in participating an a wonderful event called "Elevate" - with a live *Pin Board* wall where we were all asked to participate and exchange expertise, encouragement and inspiration.
This was the brainchild of Lisa Ferguson and the amazing designers that are part of the
"Decor Mentor" team...


Elevate Launch at High Point Market
Photography Bruce Barone via Decor Mentor.com

...some of whom, I feel lucky enough to have come to know and admire for their genuine love for our profession and thoughtfulness in sharing their knowledge and experiences in order to help those around them.

So, of course I was excited to offer my cards and pinned them eagerly on the wall as well as pinning them for help as well (it was all about "give & get" .. and then there was THE announcement that all we had to do was sign up for the possibility to win a $15,000 dollar website by the amazing creative team at The Old State. Yes, it is true - I couldn't believe it either...


They recently were the designers for Jan Showers' new relaunch - have you seen it yet? it's looks incredible.. So, of course, I signed up!!



It was a very tense week, we got the news that there were 5 finalists:


Kristen Rivoli



I had the pleasure of getting to know Kristen and spending time with her while we ventured from showroom to showroom while we were in High Point. She is a talented designer, lovely woman and writes a lovely blog *My Life in Design*.



Stacy Naquin


Stacy is always full of life and has a great disposition ( I have met her twice, and she always has a gorgeous smile!) .. Her blog is where she shares her thoughts on design and finds..



Jennifer Stoner


Jennifer is an interior designer based out of Richmond, VA with years of experience with a design store as well. Sadly, our paths have not yet crossed, but she shares her finds on her many travels on her blog as well.




Donna Vining


Donna & I had a chance meeting in High Point this market.. however I have a special thanks as she has been a wonderful supporter of this blog and always takes the time to share her thoughts and comments, which I so appreciate. Donna is asked to speak at many events, (one recently which I would have loved to attend) & it was a pleasure to meet her in person and listen to her thoughts about the design inspiration from market as well as on her blog.

 and then there was.. ME.

I have to say I was on pins and needles.. could not stand the wait.. and then read the Tweet that said I had won! YES, I WON!




I can not even believe my good fortune and am so utterly grateful and ecstatic .. I have wanted to really make the leap in redesigning my website and blog...

So, now I ask you .. Yes, YOU. Please help me think of how to make this a better place for you to visit.. and my website a greater representation of my work. I welcome your ideas, comments and feedback.

Please leave a comment here (or send me an email or tweet - links above)..

and please, visit my friends sites and support them as they are all very talented designers.

Thank you again to Lisa, Decor Mentor team, and of course, The Old State!




7 comments:

  1. Super - CONGRATULATIONS JENNIFER! You must be spinning with ideas - look forward to big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I have to try and edit it all down.. for those that follow me here you will know I find editing it down very hard to do :-) Thanks so much I cant wait to meet them and hear what their ideas are at The Old State...xo J

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous!! I am so happy for you. You deserve itso much for all of your talent and hard work!
    I hope you have a ball with the process. Can't wait for the big reveal!
    Xo, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....Jennifer you won again ? Congratulations !!
    I will look at the Jan Showers' site and see what I do or dont like.
    Encore, Bravo et Felicitations!! You rock Jen !
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! So exciting!!! I can't wait to see what the new look looks like. Have a great Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see this!!! Five minutes ago I was searching for greek styled unique furniture on Pinterest when I spotted that fab ottoman on your High Point Market's board. Loved all your selections and had to come here to know you. Super happy that you won, your board is Awesome and super happy of discovering your work! Huge hug from Argentina and good luck revamping your site!!! XoXo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the big win!!! I look forward to seeing the big reveal. And thank you so much for giving a shout out to my blog & business website. I've enjoyed reading your blog for a while now. Your win couldn't go to a better person.

    www.donnaviningblog.com

    ReplyDelete

@Dec-a-Porter we love to hear from you ...Please share your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...